While some Building Designers may be state licensed professionals like Architects or Engineers, that is not typically the case. Homesite, Inc. collaborates with such professionals on an as-needed basis, but does not have an architect or engineer on staff. If you prefer to work with either an architect or engineer, we would be happy to refer you.
A Building Designer is first and foremost a professional familiar with all facets of the building trade, whose plans and designs represent the particular needs, style and budget of the client. A Building Designer may offer a complete array of professional services to you as the client and may consist of:
• Residential Design as permitted by the architectural statutes of each state.
• Confering with you to ascertain type, size, and ultimate usage of the structure during the initial planning stage.
• Approaching any design problem based on the practical, functional and economical solutions that will best fulfill your requirements, while translating these factors into a concept that is both aesthetic and utilitarian.
• Offering recommendations regarding the site, interior and exterior layout, materials to be used, and architectural and exterior treatments.
• Furnishing you preliminary and detailed designs for the proposed structure, ranging from the initial concept to complete working drawings and specifications that will comply with all applicable building codes and regulations.
A Professional Member of the American Institute of Building Design (AIBD) has met the requirements of the AIBD Bylaws and the minimum two-years work experience standards. The AIBD established an autonomous body known as the National Council of Building Designer Certification to create and administer an examination and certification program. These persons so certified are permitted to use the title of Certified Professional Building Designer (CPBD). Certified Members have more than six-year of work experience, have submitted examples of their work, and have been tested on competencies related to performing services required in any portion of planning, design and construction, as permitted in their state of residence or practice. For more information on this certification process, please visit www.NCBDC.com.
Phone/ Fax: 804-693-7038
Hours: 9am - 5pm Monday through Friday or by special appointment